European Financial Analyst
WHO ARE WE?
Covetrus is the global market leader in animal-health technology and services, dedicated to advancing the world of veterinary medicine and to empowering veterinary healthcare teams across the companion, equine, and large-animal health markets.
We provide technology, products, and services to empower veterinarians with practice management solutions, analytical insights, proactive client engagement capabilities, and supply chain infrastructure to increase clinical efficacy, client engagement, and veterinary practice performance. Our unique, comprehensive capabilities meet the broad needs of veterinary practices to support practice management, enhance client relationships, and improve patient health outcomes.
Covetrus is headquartered in Portland, Maine, with more than 5,000 employees, serving over 100,000 customers around the world.
The role of the Financial Analyst is to support the FP&A Manager, the Chief Financial Officer and the European Animal Health management team by leading various financial, commercial and operational reporting, modelling and analysis activities. This would include the following: monthly and quarterly closing, data consolidation and interpretation, KPI reporting, budgeting and monthly forecasting. The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ideally CIMA), highly analytical with previous business analysis experience and strong “how” skills to enable he/she to develop close working relationships across the fifteen country businesses that are part of the European Animal Health group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collect and maintain specific sets of data as required by the Covetrus central team. To ensure this information is collected on a timely basis and all subsequent analysis and interpretation is effectively communicated to the appropriate members of the team
- Monitor the performance of the Animal Health owned and controlled brands on a weekly and monthly basis and distribute weekly reports to a broad commercial audience
- Prepare and distribute various financial reports using the Hyperion consolidation tools checking for accuracy and following up with various business leads to maintain consistency and validity
- Assist with month end business reviews, variance analysis and with the completion of forecasts, annual budgets and 3 year long range plans
- Produce ad-hoc reports for specific “deep-dive” analyses as requested by the Covetrus central team ensuring the legitimacy and quality of such reports
- Continuously improve the data collection processes and recommend tools that can enhance the current levels of management information, analysis and reporting
- Develop close working relationships with each of the 15 local finance teams to enable an open sharing of data and information and to be able to provide proactive support in times of need
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behaviour in completing job duties and assignments.
Workplace and Travel :
To be an important member of a small (<15) highly focused European team based out of our London office in Marble Arch.
The role will include occasional travel to any of our fifteen businesses to build strong working relationships followed by extensive telephone and VC contact
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Qualifications & Experience
- A high academic standard university degree in business, finance, maths or an analytical related subject e.g. engineering
- A qualified accountant – ACMA ideally
- Business controllership and analysis experience (minimum 5 years within a large recognised company)
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, HFM & PBCS consolidation tools in addition to excellent Microsoft Office skills in excel, word and powerpoint. Data manipulation experience would be an advantage
- Accounting accuracy
- Highly analytical
- Self-motivated, with high energy and looking for a challenge
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Ability to occasionally travel throughout the UK and Europe
In return we offer a competitive salary together with a excellent benefits