IT Lead Infrastructure
WHO ARE WE?
Covetrus is the global market leader in animal-health technology and services, dedicated to advancing the world of veterinary medicine and to empowering veterinary healthcare teams across the companion, equine, and large-animal health markets.
We provide technology, products, and services to empower veterinarians with practice management solutions, analytical insights, proactive client engagement capabilities, and supply chain infrastructure to increase clinical efficacy, client engagement, and veterinary practice performance. Our unique, comprehensive capabilities meet the broad needs of veterinary practices to support practice management, enhance client relationships, and improve patient health outcomes.
Covetrus is headquartered in Portland, Maine, with more than 5,000 employees, serving over 100,000 customers around the world.
A security conscious team player is required for this hands-on technical position, to be responsible for the day to day running of the local IT infrastructure, including technical implementations, administration, documentation and end-user support. Working closely with our European infrastructure team and our UK business systems team, the role holder will take full ownership of, and improve on, all local infrastructure systems, procedures and processes from desktop to network. Ability to learn and remember new technology is essential as is the understanding that our primary goal is to proactively support the business as needs dictate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ownership of all local IT infrastructural systems and services as part of a national shared service environment.
- The ongoing management, support and administration of all such systems and services including controlled patching, security, backups and disaster recovery.
- To assist in European working groups, helping define and support new standards across the group
- In managing and providing local support, work closely with the UK wide team to ensure support calls are properly logged, prioritised and resolved efficiently and effectively
- Operational responsibility for all communications services and equipment including mobile and call centre telephony.
- Ensure all systems and regular processes are appropriately documented and comply fully with SOX and audit standards (understand and take responsibility for all related SOX processes).
- To create and maintain IT contingency plans in conjunction with business requirements including regular systems and data backups
- To act as interface between infrastructure and business systems teams.
- To act as second level / backup to the Helpdesk
- To manage infrastructural projects as required.
- To actively promote, to the business, the department and its activities
Personal qualities, skills and knowledge required:
- Good business acumen and a high level of common sense
- Strong technical expertise in all modern technologies and a willingness to learn
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to recognise and understand business needs
- Highly organized, confident and self motivated with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively on all levels
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of team
- A genuine “get it done” attitude with the ability to prioritise
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behaviour in completing job duties and assignments.
A minimum of five years professional IT supervisory experience. Proven ability to understand and keep up to date with modern technologies.
To ‘A’ level standard (or with equivalent experience), with recognized IT qualifications (MCSE/ MCSA/MCP/CCNA/CCNP or equivalent).
Specialised Knowledge and Skills:
Extensive and varied IT related knowledge and customer service skills including specifically
- LAN/WAN networks (Cisco / TCPIP)
- Windows and Linux operating systems
- server hardware
- desktop PC’s
- HyperV (including building and install and system administration
- iSCSi / FC SAN experience (preferably Netapp or HP MSA
- Switching / routing in a cisco environment
- Linux / Unix administration
- Windows server (2008 / 2012 / 2016) installation and administration
- Powershell / Bash scripting
Desirable Skills Include:
VMWare, Netapp, Exposure to Java development
Most important is a proven ability to think and act proactively with strong interpersonal skills. As well as commitment, flexibility and self-motivation the role holder must be keen and ambitious to develop knowledge and skills and more importantly, share these with other members of the team. Fitting within and being part of an existing small team is essential.
Although this is a UK based role, this role involves supporting infrastructure for our European operations, therefore some European travel may occasionally be required
In return we offer a competitive salary together with an excellent benefits package.