Software Support Technician
WHO ARE WE?
Our company offers unparalleled excellence in veterinary practice management software solutions.
Covetrus is a global animal-health technology and services company dedicated to empowering veterinary practice partners to drive new health and financial outcomes. We’re bringing together products, services, and technology into a single platform that connects our customers to the solutions and insights they need to work best. Our passion for the well-being of animals and those who care for them drives us to advance the world of veterinary medicine.
We provide some of the longest-standing veterinary software systems in the world, including AVImark®, eVetPractice®, ImproMed®, and ImproMed® Equine in North America; RoboVet® and RxWorks® in Europe, the Middle East and Africa; and VisionVPM® and RxWorks® in Australia and New Zealand.
We also offer solutions that integrate with our software platforms, including Rapport® and Vetstreet® marketing and communication services, reminder postcards, data backup services, hardware sales and support, and credit card processing.
Working as part of the Support team and based in our Edinburgh head office the primary focus of role 1st line support technician is to provide technical support to our European client base either by remote connectivity or via phone assistance. The post holder will have the ability to quickly troubleshoot issues and to identify incidents that require escalation to 2nd or 3rd line support or to alternative departments within the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Trouble shoot desktop and system problems, diagnose and solve hardware / software / infrastructure issues
- Provide exceptional support service to our end users, ensuring they are delighted with their experience
- Collaborate and contribute to knowledge base articles
- Ability to meet individual and team KPIs
- Work within SLAs for incidents, requests and problems
- Quick identification of issues for escalation where appropriate
- Take full ownership of cases with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Ensure appropriate support standards and procedures are adhered to
- Establish a great working relationship within the business, with our clients and associated 3rd parties
- Deliver training to new staff members, ensuring best practice processes and procedures
- General team morale
- Involvement in adhoc business projects
- Any adhoc requirements within your team during holidays or sickness
- Inclusion on team ‘on call’ rota (typically 1 weekend in 7)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Educated to O Level and/or SCE Higher - grades in Maths and English
- Previous experience within a fast paced IT service delivery environment
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Excellent technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Previous experience of high volume inbound calls and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- A broad knowledge of technologies and applications and a solid commitment to keeping up to date with technologies
In return we offer a competitive salary together with an excellent benefits package