Business Sales Consultant
WHO ARE WE?
Covetrus is the global market leader in animal-health technology and services, dedicated to advancing the world of veterinary medicine and to empowering veterinary healthcare teams across the companion, equine, and large-animal health markets.
We provide technology, products, and services to empower veterinarians with practice management solutions, analytical insights, proactive client engagement capabilities, and supply chain infrastructure to increase clinical efficacy, client engagement, and veterinary practice performance. Our unique, comprehensive capabilities meet the broad needs of veterinary practices to support practice management, enhance client relationships, and improve patient health outcomes.
Covetrus is headquartered in Portland, Maine, with more than 5,000 employees, serving over 100,000 customers around the world.
Reporting directly to the Sales Director, the BSC is responsible for providing and facilitating a portfolio of the Covetrus consultancy offerings to ensure both company and client objectives are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Using the reports from the Covetrus consultancy products, you will consult both in the veterinary practice and via telephone conference on the results, with the aim to improving client revenue and efficiency.
- Consult to drive change within veterinary practices to ensure clients fully understand and utilise the Covetrus consultancy products and offerings.
- Ensure that tight control of the delivery status to each practice is documented accurately throughout the project.
- Attend fortnightly meetings with the Business Consultancy team to update on the status of your clients.
- Communicate freely with both the Sales and wider Covetrus teams where appropriate with regard to the project.
- Consult and supply specialist advice to all Covetrus customers regarding the Covetrus consultancy products.
- Ensure all presenter information & material is current, relevant and fully up to date.
- Provide support and advice to colleagues within Covetrus Teams as required.
- Attend (and present at where necessary) at Covetrus events (e.g. Team Meetings, Tradeshows etc.)
- Attend industry events if required.
- Be proactive in identifying areas of opportunity to promote Covetrus portfolio of products and services.
- Proactively suggest new consultancy products and ideas which may create added value to Covetrus and its’ customers. Participate in any design and implementation processes to assist in new consultancy product launches
- Work with the wider Covetrus teams to ensure that you keep up to date with any business changes/enhancements.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as required.
- Delivery and support to customers for the complete the Covetrus consultancy products within the agreed timelines with customers
- Supporting Covetrus sales force in their delivery of reports and appropriate consultancy sessions to Covetrus customers.
- Support Covetrus sales force to promote new business using the Covetrus consultancy tools
- Keeping up-to-date with market trends.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behaviour in completing job duties and assignments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Animal Health / Veterinary Sales Experience Preferable
- Demonstrable Consultative Selling Experience
- Experience in consulting, training or related disciplines
- University Degree / Animal Health Qualification or
- Previous Demonstrable Animal Health sales success
Specialised Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong Analytical Skills (Seeks information that identifies underlying issues)
- Consultative Selling Skills
- Accuracy / Attention to Detail
- Excellent Communicator
- Excellent Planning and Organisational Skills
- Strong Selling & Influential Negotiation Skills
- Change Management
- Fully competent is MS Applications
Full UK Driving License
We offer a competitive salary together with excellent benefits