Commercial Business Analyst - Europe
WHO ARE WE?
Covetrus is the global market leader in animal-health technology and services, dedicated to advancing the world of veterinary medicine and to empowering veterinary healthcare teams across the companion, equine, and large-animal health markets.
We provide technology, products, and services to empower veterinarians with practice management solutions, analytical insights, proactive client engagement capabilities, and supply chain infrastructure to increase clinical efficacy, client engagement, and veterinary practice performance. Our unique, comprehensive capabilities meet the broad needs of veterinary practices to support practice management, enhance client relationships, and improve patient health outcomes.
Covetrus is headquartered in Portland, Maine, with more than 5,000 employees, serving over 100,000 customers around the world.
The role of the Business Analyst is to support the European Animal Health management team through analytics and project management. Responsibilities include various commercial, operational and financial activities through data gathering, research, financial analysis, modeling, etc. This will include the need to develop new KPI’s, reports and methodologies on top of existing ones. In addition to high analytical skills and data management the post holder will require strong communication skills to be able to co-ordinate tasks through various functions and global locations within the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collect, maintain and develop specific sets of data as required by business management and operations. To ensure this information is collected on a timely basis and all subsequent analysis and interpretation is effectively communicated to the appropriate members of the team.
- Prepare and distribute various commercial and operational reports. Checking for any discrepancies with reported numbers and following these up with various teams to maintain consistency and validity of reports.
- Liaising with various functions to establish the optimum way to approach projects and to communicate these in a clear and concise manner. Following up with the implementation and checking on the progress of these projects on a regular basis and assisting with any issues.
- Focus on pan European inner margin and efficiencies projects utilizing data sets and analytical skills to find and manage savings opportunities.
- Continuously improve the data collection processes and recommend tools that can enhance the current levels of management information, analysis and reporting with focus on data visualization.
- Develop close working relationships with other European teams to enable an open sharing of data and information.
- Execute on ad-hoc and specific tasks as requested by management.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
WORKPLACE AND TRAVEL
To be an important member of a small highly focused European team supporting a $1.5bn business based out of our London office in the West End
The role will include occasional travel to any of our fifteen businesses to build strong working relationships followed by extensive telephone and VC contact
- A high academic standard university degree in business, finance, maths or an analytical related subject
- Basic experience in data transformation, data warehousing and Data manipulation
- Working knowledge with consolidation and BI tools in addition to excellent Microsoft Office skills in excel, Access, word and PowerPoint.
- Business analytics experience (minimum 5 years within a large recognised company)
- SQL, EBS/BUS (or similar), Tableau experience an advantage
- Diligent and accurate
- Highly analytical
- Self-motivated, with high energy and looking for a challenge
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Ability to occasionally travel throughout the UK and Europe