Product Manager - Fixed Term Contract
WHO ARE WE?
Our company offers unparalleled excellence in veterinary practice management software solutions.
Covetrus is a global animal-health technology and services company dedicated to empowering veterinary practice partners to drive new health and financial outcomes. We’re bringing together products, services, and technology into a single platform that connects our customers to the solutions and insights they need to work best. Our passion for the well-being of animals and those who care for them drives us to advance the world of veterinary medicine.
We provide some of the longest-standing veterinary software systems in the world, including AVImark®, eVetPractice®, ImproMed®, and ImproMed® Equine in North America; RoboVet® and RxWorks® in Europe, the Middle East and Africa; and VisionVPM® and RxWorks® in Australia and New Zealand.
We also offer solutions that integrate with our software platforms, including Rapport® and Vetstreet® marketing and communication services, reminder postcards, data backup services, hardware sales and support, and credit card processing.
We are looking for a Product Manager with strong communication skills to collaborate with both technical and business people. You'll work closely with developers, designers and colleagues from across the business, as well as customers, driving the success of your products from conception to launch and beyond. You’ll take great pride in your work and will enthuse others to love your products as much as you do.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take overall responsibility for the success of your product
- Contribute towards product strategy and vision
- Collaborate with all stakeholders, including but not limited to product development, marketing, customer support, implementation, Sales, finance and Leadership Team;
- Collect, analyse and respond to user feedback
- Manage one or more budgets
- Gather and evaluate ideas and opinions
- Plan new features and changes to a product
- Demonstrate new ideas and features to stakeholders
- Create timelines and roadmaps for developing the product
- Attend conferences and events related to a product or sector
- Implement or support marketing campaigns;
- Create and oversee development and project management processes
- Inspire and enthuse colleagues and users of the product
- Learn about users and a product's market
- Research competitors and similar products
Please note this is a 6 month fixed term contract
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work-related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behaviour in completing job duties and assignments.
A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a professional software house or product development role within a corporate company or proven skills and experience.
BSC Degree level
Specialised Knowledge and Skills:
Agile Product Development
Interest in emerging technologies
- Decisive, visionary and able to support your decisions with research;
- Flexible and adaptable as you'll be working in-depth with different business functions;
- A good collaborator, leader and diplomat;
- Organised and able to work to deadlines and roadmaps;
- A very strong and clear communicator, with a variety of stakeholders at different levels of seniority and knowledge;
- Good at persuasion and negotiation;
- Able to analyse complex data and look for trends in the market and users' opinions and behaviour;
- Fair and objective when making decisions.
Interaction design skills
Organisational and project management skills through qualifications like PRINCE2
Knowledge of the veterinary market would be helpful.
In return we offer a competitive salary