We are currently looking for an experienced Java Developer to join our Business Systems team. As part of this team you will be responsible for the technical design and development of applications based around our existing warehouse distribution system and other associated Customer Facing products. You will have strong communication skills and be able to collaborate well with both technical and business stakeholders. You will be customer focused and drive development to produce the desired business outcomes. The role is very much team-focused and will be based in Dumfries, SW Scotland. There are a broad range of projects with many technical challenges.
Essential skills are:-
- 5 years’ experience in Java Development
- 3 years’ experience in Mobile Application development [Android/iOS]
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases & SQL (PostgreSQL)
- Hands on experience in designing and developing Java Swing applications
- Experience in developing Servlets in a Tomcat Environment
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Linux/Unix Experience
In addition to the above some of the following would be beneficial:
- Experience of Vaadin Development
- Experience of a NetBeans development environment
- QlikView scripting
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behaviour in completing job duties and assignments.
Normal Office Environment
Degree Level / Computer Science
As well as clear problem-solving and analytical skills, we would like proven experience in a development environment.
Some training will be provided where additional skills are required.
Specialised Knowledge and Skills:
Oracle Certified Professional - Java Programmer
We offer a Competitive Salary (DOE), Flexible Benefits and a Company Bonus Scheme