Field Sales Consultant
WHO ARE WE?
Covetrus is the global market leader in animal-health technology and services, dedicated to advancing the world of veterinary medicine and to empowering veterinary healthcare teams across the companion, equine, and large-animal health markets.
We provide technology, products, and services to empower veterinarians with practice management solutions, analytical insights, proactive client engagement capabilities, and supply chain infrastructure to increase clinical efficacy, client engagement, and veterinary practice performance. Our unique, comprehensive capabilities meet the broad needs of veterinary practices to support practice management, enhance client relationships, and improve patient health outcomes.
Covetrus is headquartered in Portland, Maine, with more than 5,000 employees, serving over 100,000 customers around the world.
Responsible for managing all field sales and customer care activities to Veterinary Practices within a specific defined territory. This requires face-to-face contact with every account on the territory list on a timely basis, to build sales of additional value added services and Equipment sales to existing customers as well as a strong emphasis on obtaining and developing new customers, using the added value tools which only Covetrus offer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and manage a specific territory, maintain current business accounts, increasing sales, margin, selling our value added services and increase market share as the primary objective, fully maintain client database, manage territory using CRM tools.
- Achieve sales objectives and field KPI’s for their territories as set by the Sales Manager
- Focus on key activities to achieve goals as directed by the Sales Manager
- Plan, organise and implement effective strategies using all company programs, tools and initiatives to increase market share.
- Attend various animal health meetings / seminars and participate in all training programs as instructed by the Sales Consultant Manager
- Maintain communication with Sales Manager on a timely basis participating in all sales meetings as requested by the Sales Consultant Manager.
- Accountable for adherence to Covetrus company policies and procedures.
- Work in a professional and harmonious manner and cooperate with all Covetrus personnel in the execution of all company programs.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as required.
- Respond in a timely fashion to customer concerns, follow up actions to assure customer issues / opportunities are communicated to appropriate Covetrus departments, providing the very best service levels to customers.
- Manage time and territory effectively and profitably.
This is a field sales based role within a home office environment
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Sales and/or Animal Health/Veterinary Sales experience advantageous but not essential
- University Degree/Animal Health Qualification or previous demonstrable Animal Health sales success
- Interpersonal/relationship management
- Strong selling and negotiation skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Accuracy/attention to detail
- Project management
- IT literate (fully competent in MS Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Full UK Driving Licence