WHO ARE WE?
Our company offers unparalleled excellence in veterinary practice management software solutions.
Covetrus is a global animal-health technology and services company dedicated to empowering veterinary practice partners to drive new health and financial outcomes. We’re bringing together products, services, and technology into a single platform that connects our customers to the solutions and insights they need to work best. Our passion for the well-being of animals and those who care for them drives us to advance the world of veterinary medicine.
We provide some of the longest-standing veterinary software systems in the world, including AVImark®, eVetPractice®, ImproMed®, and ImproMed® Equine in North America; RoboVet® and RxWorks® in Europe, the Middle East and Africa; and VisionVPM® and RxWorks® in Australia and New Zealand.
We also offer solutions that integrate with our software platforms, including Rapport® and Vetstreet® marketing and communication services, reminder postcards, data backup services, hardware sales and support, and credit card processing.
The role is responsible for the accurate and timely completion of internal management accounts, statutory reporting and US reporting requirements for the company. This is a fast paced environment and the suitable candidate will be expected to hit the ground running.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation of Monthly Management accounts
- Timely and accurate financial reporting
- Provide variance commentary and financial analysis
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled in a timely manner
- Involvement in the budget and forecast setting cycles
- Ensure all tax requirements are met including VAT return submission
- SOX testing and internal control review on a quarterly basis
- Adhere to company policies & procedures and maintain a high level of integrity
- Participate in special projects as required
PERSONAL QUALITIES, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Highly motivated able to work under pressure with ability to work under tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to details with ability to prioritise.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of team
- Excellent organisational, planning skills and a good communicator
- Advanced Excel and proficient in outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- Inquisitive and happy to challenge others
- Self- starter and quick learner
- Experience in professional finance as an accountant.
This position will be working in an office environment, utilising typical office equipment.
A minimum of two years professional finance experience gained in a public practice or in commerce with lot of involvements in monthly management accounts
University Degree along with being a part qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA or CIMA )
Specialised Knowledge & Skills:
Sage 300 or similar product,
MS Products – Advanced Excel (VLOOKUP, SUMIFS, PIVOT TABLE), Word, and Outlook
Most importantly is a proven ability to think and act proactively with strong interpersonal skills. As well as committed, self motivated but with flexibility.
In return we offer a competitive salary together with excellent benefit structure